The single mother after God’s own heart
Being a Single mom is one of the toughest jobs for a woman no matter the continent nor culture. No matter the reason, the Lord is close to single mums and willing to help them raise their children in the best way possible. For further reading please read: ISAIAH 54: 5
Some women are single mums:
- By widowhood
- By Choice
- By Separation
- By Divorce
For your Maker is your husband—
the Lord Almighty is his name—
the Holy One of Israel is your Redeemer;
he is called the God of all the earth.
Isaiah 54:5 New International Version (NIV)
God is your husband.
Just as an earthly father/husband helps to raise children, so does heavenly husband help raise the children.
Devoted to God this Spiritual relationship and God meets with her needs according to his riches in glory.
- God Is Your Provider (Genesis 22: 8)
Jehovah Jireh – God provides.
- A single mother committed to Bible study, Prayer and fasting relies on God for providence.
- Lord is able to take care of children above and beyond what she can expect.
- God is your protector (Deutronomy 23: 14)
- Entrust children to God day and night.
- God has angels to dispatch in her defense for protection against dangerous people and situations.
- God is your father (Psalms 68)
With God as her father, the single mom knows she can trust in Him to keep His promises and encourage her when she feels low.
God the father is also the father of her children and He will lovely keep an eye on them to accomplish great things for the Kingdom.
- God is your helper (Hebrews 13: 6)
The Lord is the helper to give wisdom and insight on ministering to the children as well as leading her to the right people who can help her out.
- God is your peace (1 Thessalonians 5: 23)
She can find peace, so is her household.
Peace that goes beyond her understanding to keep he mind and heart through Jesus Christ.
– Storms will come, but because she is praying and trusting in the Lord, there is great calm.\
7) God is your future (Deuteronomy 4: 40)
Single mums in the bible
1 Kings 17
2 Kings 4
Psalms 68: 5 – God is the father to the fatherless.
Proverbs 15: 25 – The Lord will destroy the house of the proud but establish the boarder of the widow.
SIX AMAZING MOMS IN THE BIBLE
1 Eve (The original mother)
– Had no other mom to emulate
– Had the 1st delivery
– Had to go out and look for food for the husband.
– Experienced the first death of a son.
- Mother of Isaac
- Gives hope to everyone who waited a little late to be called a mommy.
- One who could laugh at her late start with motherhood knowing that good things came to those who wait.
- She allowed God to work in her and use her.
- Mother of Jacob and Esau
- For every mom who has ever had the temptation to plan favourite to her children.
- Isaac loved Esau because he was an outdoors. Man but Rebecca (Love d Jacob.
- Favoritism does not bond well for a family.
- Rebeka teaches us that it is a dangerous thing to use maternal power for manipulation.
- Mother of Solomon.
- It is her bathing that attracted David.
- Mother of Aaron, Moses and Mirriam,
- Determination and commitment of a desperate mother can result in surprising circumstances.
Ruth 1: 4
- Mother in law to Ruth – Taught Ruth enough about God.
- Angelic visitation
- Going to give birth to a divine gift of heaven.
- She understood the great responsibility God placed on her. She was faithful to God’s plan.
It is still a wonderful privilege to be a mother today. The bible says that children are a heritage from the Lord (Psalms 127:3)